Digilant is a programmatic advertising management partner for agencies, brands and advertisers. Using Digilant’s own proprietary platform, marketing professionals can serve programmatic advertising and optimize their digital campaigns, achieving the best possible results in a transparent environment and improving the user experience (hereafter, the “Services”).
By providing these Services and its proprietary technology, Digilant offers a more effective experience when analyzing consumer data as well as offering a more relevant experience for users.
Committed to user privacy
Digilant may gather data through its Services and the advertising spaces it manages, including both its own websites and those of its partners and third parties (hereafter, “Network Sites”).
To see which entity is in charge of gathering data in the different countries in which we provide our services, please consult the following table.
When carrying out its activity, Digilant does not collect any personal data such as users’ names, mailing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, ID card numbers or credit card numbers.
What type of data does Digilant collect?
Digilant only collects anonymous data which doesn’t allow us to personally identify users. The data collected includes the following:
- Type of browser used (e.g., Firefox or Internet Explorer);
- Operating system of the device used to access the advertising content (e.g., iOS or Windows);
- Internet service provider;
- Browser language (e.g., English or Spanish);
- Internet Protocol (IP) provider.
Digilant may also gather other types of related data to manage advertising campaigns, including:
- Users’ IP addresses;
- Mobile advertising identifier for mobile devices assigned by the different operating systems (Apple and/or Android) and made available to advertising providers to gather metrics on mobile apps (Apple’s IDFA or Google’s AAID);
- Data on user interactions with the ad campaigns managed through Digilant’s Services and/or technology, allowing us to track conversion rates for those campaigns.
How is this data gathered?
All these tools are widely used in internet. Below is a short summary of each:
- Cookies: Cookies are small files sent to users’ browsers and stored on their computers’ disk drives. Users can configure their browsers to receive a notice whenever they receive a request to install a new cookie; they can also opt to completely block them. Users can also eliminate any stored cookies by following the appropriate steps described in their browsers. For more information about cookies, click on the series of links available in this policy below: <<More information about online advertising>> .
- Pixels: These are small image files on a webpage or other document which lets that page or document operator or third party in charge of that pixel install, read and modify cookies.
- Mobile advertising identifiers: These IDs are randomly-generated, alphanumeric codes associated to the users’ devices. They are assigned by the provider of the mobile device’s operating system. Oftentimes, users’ devices allow them to reset their identifiers.
Some data may be collected through third-party providers via their webpages and mobile apps. In fact, many publishers (webpages with sellable advertising space) and/or mobile apps provide information about users’ locations. Concretely, apps can provide Precise Location Data generated by using mobile devices that indicate their longitude and latitude coordinates.
Digilant may use this information to serve ads based on the devices’ locations. This data should only be accessible when users expressly consent to their collection and use by the mobile app provider or publisher.
Digilant may also receive data from publishers and/or mobile providers that include associated IDs (cookies or mobile advertising IDs) with information regarding users’ interests in specific categories. This data is used for advertising purposes, specifically, for “behavioral advertising.”
How is this data used?
Digilant uses this data to offer its Services, to measure and analyze the efficiency of each advertising campaign and to optimize its clients’ advertising campaigns.
It also uses this data to measure and personalize advertising for each browsing session. This allows users to access more appropriate content that is adapted to their interest categories, thus making the content they see more relevant. Among other benefits, this type of data processing keeps users from repeatedly seeing the same ad.
Digilant does not collect sensitive data such as that related to users’ political, sexual and religious preferences, their ethnicity or race, their labor union activity or state of health. Similarly, Digilant does not intentionally gather data on users under the age of 18 or that of any other group the IAB considers sensitive.
All the data gathered through Digilant’s platform is stored on Amazon Web Services, Inc.’s servers which may be located in the United States and/or Europe and accessed directly by Digilant, Inc.
In terms of data located or stored in the United States, Amazon Web Services, Inc. is duly certified by the U.S. Department of Commerce within the framework of the “EU-US Privacy Shield”.
Cookies installed by the platform are eliminated once they no longer serve the purpose for which they were installed. At any rate, they expire within a period no greater than 24 months.
Above all else, Digilant aims to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of the data it holds. To this end, Digilant has adopted measures to protect data against its unauthorized or illegal access, use or dissemination as well as its accidental loss, harm and destruction. At the same time, access to this data is restricted to duly authorized personnel and is configured in keeping with the safety measures established by applicable legislation. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Users can decide to voluntarily opt out from any tracking carried out by Digilant and any digital advertising at an given time.
To opt out on your current browser and device, click here.
Users should bear in mind that, when opting out, Digilant will place an opt-out cookie in their browsers. This cookie serves to inform Digilant that it should no longer serve personalized digital advertising and not install cookies for that session.
Choosing not to have data used for advertising or behavioral advertising does not imply that other data cannot be collected and used for metric or analytical purposes.
Opting-out on specific browsers
Cookies are installed for the specific browser used in each device. Consequently, users have to opt out on each device browser they use if they want to completely opt out. Users should bear in mind that if they eliminate or block cookies in one browser, they will have to opt out on any other device or browser they use or if they update those browsers.
Digilant uses the Ghostery assurance platform to comply with the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) self-regulatory program for behavior-based digital advertising (“behavioral advertising”) across multiple industries.
Opting-out on mobile devices
Most devices include an advertising identifier or ID which allows advertisers to track and identify users’ interests. Users can also choose to opt out.
For iOS: Every iOS includes an advertising identifier (IDFA) with two key features:
- Users can reset the identifier at any time.
- Users can also opt out of all remarketing campaigns by activating the Limit Ad Tracking (LAT) setting, thus keeping advertisers from using the device’s IDFA for behavioral advertising. For more information about how to enable this setting, click here.
For Android: Every Android device includes an advertising identifier (AAID). To opt out or to change its settings, follow these steps:
- If using Android 2.3 or above, select “Google settings” in the app drawer.
- Select “Ads”.
- Select “Reset advertising ID” to generate a new identifier and eliminate any previously stored data.
- Then select “Opt out of interest-based ads”.
If users prefer, they can visualize and modify their advertising preferences via the web interface. For this, select “Ad settings”.
NAI Mobile Opt-out Page and Limit Ad Tracking: For more information on how to opt out on multiple devices, please visit the following page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
Exercising legal rights with Digilant
If users would like Digilant to update, change, eliminate or deactivate any of the data provided for the use of its Services, they can send their requests by email to the following address: email@example.com. We will process these requests within a maximum of 10 days as of the date we receive them.
To the extent to which we store their data, users may exercise their rights at any time to access, rectify or cancel said data as well as to oppose their use by contacting Digilant at the appropriate address below.
Digilant contact information
|COLOMBIA||Digilant Colombia, S.A.A.||firstname.lastname@example.org||Calle 140 No. 10 A – 48 of. 303
|SPAIN||Digilant Spain, S.L.U.||email@example.com||Calle Apolonio Morales 13,
planta 2 28036 Madrid. España
|UNITED STATES||Digilant, Inc.||firstname.lastname@example.org||2 Oliver Street, Suite #901
Boston, MA 02109
|MEXICO||Dglnt, S.A. de C.V.||email@example.com||Galileo No. 20, Suite 302.
Col. Polanco Chapultepec
Delegación Miguel Hidalgo,
C.P. 11560, DF México. México
|UNITED KINGDOM||Digilant Marketing, Ltd.||firstname.lastname@example.org||130 Shaftesbury Avenue
London W1D 5AR
Useful links regarding online advertising
For more information about cookies, their management and use in online advertising, we recommend the following links:
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA)
- Your Online choices
- European Online Behavioral Advertising (OBA) Framework:
- Information About Cookies.
- IAB Spain